Sunday, October 11, 2015

A Significant Impact on the Person I Am Today



            Throughout the course of my life, my father has had a tremendous impact on the person I am today. Ever since I was little, I would admire him for his consistent optimism and happiness no matter what the circumstances were. Furthermore, as I continued to grow my dad showed me all the categories of work he pursued after college, which include architecture and engineering. Luckily for me, I was able to instantly discover that I share a similar passion for engineering and architecture. After I made this clear to my father, he would bring me along on some of his projects to educate me as much as he could on both respective fields. For example, in my summer going into my sophomore year, he purchased a property in Santa Cruz and demolished it. After the demolition, I sat down with him every night at his drafting table to learn how to draw intricate plans for the construction of the house. In addition, I learned many of the county and state regulations that one must consider if they want to construct a house in Santa Cruz. After we finished drafting all the plans and received approval, my dad had me come to begin construction with him all of his workers. I stayed at the Santa Cruz property for the next three weeks, and it was easily one of the most rewarding experiences of my lifetime. Since there was no house to stay in, I lived the next three weeks inside a motor home with my father and four of his employees. I have never had to work so hard in my life, which was quite a funny conclusion considering I didn't even work half as hard as men who were more than double my age. Overall, these experiences have had a significant impact on the hard-working, meticulous person I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment